I am super excited to be writing for this amazing magazine. I started baking with my grandmother when I was little and she instilled in me a passion for experimenting with ingredients and flavours in the kitchen. Unfortunately, I lost touch with this way of expressing myself when I was diagnosed with anorexia 2 years ago. Having now fully recovered, I am buzzing to try new recipes and get back into baking for family and friends. I cannot wait to share lots of yummy treats with you which you can get stuck into and make again and again.
This was one of the last recipes I made-up before diagnosis – it brings back good memories of meals spent with friends when I would double or even triple the batch! The recipe is super easy, ridiculously addictive and only requires 4 ingredients! You have no excuse not to give it a go!
Oh, and don’t forget to capture your creations and share them on Instagram @phi.mag or with the #phimag.
The Fearless Baker
Preparation time: 30 minutes
For the biscuits:
- 180g Nutella
- 135g plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 125g Nutella
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Place Nutella and egg in a bowl and whisk until well combined
- Fold in flour until dough reaches a smooth consistency
- Wrap dough in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 15-20 minutes
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll out individual balls, each weighing approximately 15g
- Press a hole in the middle of each ball with your thumb, then fill with some Nutella and top with chopped hazelnuts
- Bake for 10 minutes (the biscuits should look slightly soft when you take them out)
- Let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy whilst still warm or keep in an airtight container for up to a week